Sunday, October 19, 2008

coca-lite and wine

Something I´ve noticed here in S.A. is that people (Argentinians, Uruguayans, Brazilians) often drink mineral water, coke, and-or coca-lite with their meals, rather than wine. Sometimes they have coca-lite AND wine with their meals, which was the case at the asado I attended, an odd combination if you ask me. I find this interesting and am guessing that Argentine wine is largely exported, most likely to the US, where we drink copious amounts in comparison.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne!

Here I am again, living vicariously through your adventures...I can really relate to your comments about the older you get the more you know what you need and want to make yourself happy. I truly appreciate and understand your need to have some contact with nature in your daily life because I feel the same way!

Your willingness to take on this challenge is admirable, and I’m rooting for you to find satisfactory living arrangement because I know you have a lot of other matters you want to focus on figuring out for yourself during your stay in BA.

Jerry and I are sending our love and very best wishes. Hang in there – it will be worth it!

Love, MJ

P.S. No doubt the cola thing is very odd… wine is a much better option! :)

Anne Estes said...

Hi MJ,

I´m going to start responding to people´s comments, although it seems a bit odd - but it seems rude not to! Anyway, I have moved to a better location, getting sleep, and not too far from parks that I can walk to. I can see trees out of my window, so that´s good. Anyway, my outlook is getting better each day, building myself back up, so I can start taking on more challenges besides just existing.

Thanks for your support - it means so much! Hope all is going smoothly for you and Jerry.

Love,
Anne